Fashionably Compliant? Social Compliance Requirements and Sustainability topics for the Fashion Jewelry Industry
FJATA, in partnership with SGS, is presenting a webinar to help you discover where you are now and how to get to where you need to be. Dealing with sustainable factories is a growing concern for many members.
Requirements for fashion jewelry products go far beyond the shiny exterior. Domestic and international standards for Sustainability, Human Trafficking and Conflict Minerals can be difficult to keep up with, but the consequences of not understanding requirements can be costly.
Join SGS for a webinar, co-presented with the Fashion Jewelry & Accessories Trade Association (FJATA), outlining key points and strategies to help producers, suppliers and retailers of fashion jewelry and apparel accessories.
Topics will include:
- Modern Slavery/Human Trafficking in Global Supply Chains
- What is modern slavery/human trafficking?
- Industries affected globally
- Impact on the Jewelry Industry
- How to mitigate the risk.
- Environmental Sustainability Considerations for the Fashion Jewelry Industry
- What is the life cycle of jewelry?
- Who is directly responsible and indirectly responsible for the different stages?
- What and where are some key impacts?
- General ways to implement or influence actions for better outcomes
- Overview of Conflict Minerals
- Quick overview of Conflict Minerals
- What you can do to show due diigence
- Update: What is going on now with the law?
Date: June 15, 2017
Time: 11-12pm EST