- Wages and Benefit – Suppliers will comply with all local wage and benefit laws. Overtime pay shall be calculated at the legal rate whether compensated by hour or piece rate.
- Working Hours – Suppliers will conform to local laws regulating work times, vacations, leave periods, holidays, provide reasonable rest periods and at least one day off per seven-day period.
- Child Labor – Suppliers will observe local child labor laws concerning work hours, wages, minimum education, and working conditions, and will maintain “proof of age” documents.
- Forced Labor, Slavery and Human Trafficking – Suppliers will prohibit the use of forced, bonded, indentured or prison labor defined as any work or service, extracted from a person under the threat of penalty and which the worker does not offer voluntarily. Any form of slavery and human trafficking is prohibited.
- Non-Discrimination – Suppliers will employ workers solely based on their ability to do the job and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, racial characteristics, maternity, marital status, nationality, religious or personal beliefs.
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining – Suppliers will recognize and respect the lawful rights of workers to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- Disciplinary Practices – Suppliers will treat all workers with respect and dignity, and do not permit the use of fines as a disciplinary practice, or the use of corporal punishment, physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or other forms of mental or physical coercion, abuse or intimidation. Workers will not be forced to submit to pregnancy tests, or to use contraception.
- Health and Safety – Suppliers will comply with all legally mandated standards providing a clean, safe and healthy work environment with sufficient lighting, heating and ventilation to prevent accidents and injuries. Suppliers will provide clean drinking water, sanitary facilities, fire extinguishers, and fire exits, including residential and/or cafeteria facilities when provided.
- Ethical Standards – Suppliers will seek business partners who support our Code of Conduct which will be posted in areas accessible to workers and translated into the local language. Bribes, kickbacks or other similar unlawful or improper payments are strictly prohibited.
- Environmental Standards – Suppliers will comply with all laws related to waste disposal, air emissions, discharges, toxic substances and hazardous waste disposal, and validate that all materials are not inclusive of conflict minerals.
- Transparency – Suppliers will be transparent, honest, and ethical in reporting their operations, policies, procedures and records. Suppliers will allow inspection of their facilities and records by approved FJATA 3rd party inspectors to verify compliance with the FJATA COC and legal requirements. Suppliers will disclose the use and location of subcontractors.
FJATA updates their Code of Conduct
Sign-up for information and alerts from FJATA on issues important to our industry. We respect the privacy of our members and will never share your information or send out commercial solicitations.CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
WHY JOIN FJATA
FJATA was formed to promote and protect the interest of suppliers and retailers offering fashion jewelry to the public.More
HOW TO BECOME MEMBER ?
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about public events in the fashion jewelry and accessories industries.